Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
Everything is always so clean in your working pics! Well done tu

Thank you sir! Keeping things clean is one of the important keys to DSM success. I learned that from members on this board.

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
Weird.. I never had to trim anything on mine.

When i opened the box the first thing i saw is this:
[Linked Image]

and then i google it and got to here:
and saw this:
Originally Posted by DSM TUNERS
Those were the same marks I had on my Ati damper. On the grey colored timing belt cover you definitely have to trim down the ring. My 2g is a 6 bolt by the way with the 1g grey cover. I had to trim it. The black timing belt cover does not have that ring and I believe does not need to be trimmed.

black = 2g cover I believe
grey = 1g cover or the other way around can't remember.

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
It doesn't actually take long to remove the drive shaft completely, a lot easier to do u-joints in a vice or press...

I have defiantly thought of that but went the other route of removing transfer case and keeping driveshaft in place. If i had more clearance under the chassis than i would just removed the driveshaft.

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
Now whenever I pull the engine, I just leave the t-case on the driveshaft sitting together on the floor.

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte
As soon as I pull my tcase off I coat the yoke surface in white grease for exactly this reason. smile I do it with all surfaces that might need it (axles, yoke, etc.).

^ Good calls on that. I'll keep that in check for next time smile

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Did you run into issue with crank pulley bolts not long enough? I was hearing that some found it was corrected.

Good thing you brought that up because bolts can defiantly be an issue.

Here are the OEM bolt you dont want to run:
[Linked Image]
and here the proper longer bolts:
[Linked Image]

I didn't know about the bolt until pulley was installed. So i went and checked my pics and confirmed i used the proper bolts. I also went back and checked my invoice and confirmed that ExtremePSI sent me the longer bolts even tho i ordered stock OEM bolts ... which is really good. Longer bolts worked well with stock pulley so i didnt even notice the difference.
[Linked Image]

Here more info on the bolts.

Last edited by Alex Akachinskiy; January 16, 2016 06:25 pm UTC.

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4