Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Did you run into issue with crank pulley bolts not long enough? I was hearing that some found it was corrected.

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
Here are the OEM bolt you dont want to run:
[Linked Image]

Just want to clarify things here. Fluidampr indeed revised their design, and their new harmonic balancers should work perfectly with the OEM bolts. Unfortunately things like this are one of those parts that can easily sit on a shelf for a few years, so it sounds like you got one of the old versions, Alex.

The reason I bring this up is that when I bought my Fluidampr, I got the longer bolts with it and, being the idiot I can often be, installed it without checking. A couple days later, my balancer seemed loose, so I tightened the bolts. This caused my crank sprocket to fracture. The longer bolts, if used with a revised balancer, do not have enough threads on them, and the shoulder will poke out past the balancer, preventing you from being able to fully tighten them down.

Long story short: Some Fluidamprs have a thicker-than-OEM hub, some do not. Don't repeat my stupidity; check before installing.

1995 TSi AWD
11.7@119 1.8 60' - Curse of the Bad Driver
PHP: 0