Thanks for info. I thought there was some argument back in the day to LEAVE the thing because it helped the fan out. My mistake. I will remove.

Yes.. I would need a very slim fan. The clearance between the rad and waste-gate arm is 2.25" And obviously.. it can't sit right against it and clearance for heat shield. Let's say 1-3/4" fan (inc motor).

So I did manage to rebuild my throttle body today. not too painful. After some contemplating on cooling... I decided:

1. Let me take the battery out so I can change the fuel filter and run a couple more wires through firewall for gauges at a later date. Ah crap.. main stereo power wire slipped out of the connector. Good job previous owner.

2. #1 turns into: Oh yeah. Stereo Main amp for speakers has been cutting out (started acting up a couple days ago). Front speakers aren't working anymore, I should replace with better mid bass speakers (front and rear). I should also remove that 750w 4 channel amp and just use main deck. I don't like the way he ran wires one passenger and 1 driver for 4ga wire to trunk amps. I want to clean that up.

3. #2 turns into: Well, If i delete the 750w 4 channel amp, I have to rewire speakers back to stock head unit and delete extra power cable to trunk. I might as well relocate the battery cause I will be in that area removing wire anyway.

4. #3 turns into: Well if battery is in trunk, I can remove number 4 gauge power wire on driver side for sub amp.

5. #4 turns into: I have to remove center console to do all this, I might as well install short shifter kit. Right? Easier to move around with no front seats.. right?

6. #5 turns into: Might as well remove back seats too. Make life easier. What are they good for? Nothing. Let's make it a two seater and do a custom fiberglass deck for where the rear seats used to be.

7. #6 turns into: if I have all that out, I might as well replace the carpet.

8. #7 turns into: but before carpet, I really should deal with the sunroof sliding cover that is destroyed and will leave fluff everywhere when I try to remove it. Hey.. I think a nice black paisley silk would look goods to recover it. Maybe I should do the whole headliner thing.
[Linked Image]

You see how this is going right? Damn DSM avalanche!!!

Last edited by Charles Lavoie; May 23, 2016 09:50 pm UTC.

98,6Bolt,3"EXH,LINKV3,780cc,SD,SCM61@26PSI, 340LPH,AFPR,TSBOV,REARWB,FMIC,2"RAD(20/80/WW)