So I decided to try and tackle the leaks (hot side).
Thanks to Garrett for coming over and helping out.
Got the manifold, turbo and dp seperated with 0 broken bolts.

By the time we stopped chatting about about cars and did some work dry fitting everything and placing all new gaskets, I couldn't find the anti-seize so called it a night.

This morning, I found it and go to install the OEM turbo bolts. Start tightening the 1st one (back left).. It's not binding as I put it in. I get it snug and set torque wrench to 20lb. I don;t even think I got 10 before it stripped the threads on the turbo housing. Ugh.

Same thing happened to the left front.

I kept going, the right side buttoned up just fine. WTH?

I took the old arp studs, tossed it into the front left and it bit and is holding. But that back one is toast. frown In the picture below it's just sitting in the hole.

Luckily the bottom is exposed enough I will try and buy a longer bolt from fastener place and put a nut underneath. Was so close to a perfect install!

The only other issues is the the head has 1 snapped stud and in another hole, the part helicoil fell out (both issues pre-existed my purchase of car) but the threads in the back were good enough to put the stud in. So only missing 1. >.>

At this point.. I will wait for the engine to blow before attempting to fix the head. I don't want to separate the head from block.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Charles Lavoie; July 09, 2016 11:23 pm UTC.

98,6Bolt,3"EXH,LINKV3,780cc,SD,SCM61@26PSI, 340LPH,AFPR,TSBOV,REARWB,FMIC,2"RAD(20/80/WW)