Originally Posted by Ben Stretch
Thanks for the details Jason. I can see why you wouldn't want to stop spraying meth if you got knock but wouldn't it be better to drop the timing and add fuel by switching back to the pump gas tuned MAXOct table? Maybe this isn't how it works ?

If anything, I would add a solenoid valve and pressure sensor right before the nozzle and have it switch to a fail-safe map if pressure is lost, other than that, keep it spraying.

I'm not the meth expert by any means but this is what has worked for me.

Originally Posted by Mike Kuttschrutter
Wow look at all those options. I'll have to look into this... I'm still using a pressure switch.

Pain in the butt when I ease on the throttle and bam compounds make 8psi and then next thing you know I'm spraying meth and at 20psi at 30% throttle.

Also I see the option to turn off on clutch switch. Do you guys not spray while on the 2 step???

Link is the best option for controlling meth, hands down.

In my experience, there's no need to spray on the 2-step, not enough load to cause knock.

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
Originally Posted by Daren Peacock
Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
I'm guessing you mean a 7 GPH.

I run a single 10 GPH with 50/50 mix, and I run about 12.2-12.4:1 AFRs and she seems to like it. As always, you wanna run whatever the car seems to like most.

Aim for low-mid 11's first, then pull fuel from there and see what she likes.

Wow, seems pretty lean, what kind of boost & timing are you running & on what turbo?

Sorry, somehow missed this first time around.

12.4:1 AFRs with 23psi out of an FP Green with about 14* timing made 460awhp/395tq.

I had it as high as 30psi with about 12.0:1 AFRs with no knock, but I wasn't watching my timing as I only did that to get an idea of when I might run out of injector (and wanted to see if my IATs would ever go up). I don't think I saved the logs though.

I'm fairly certain I have a 250psi meth pump.

I tune mine around 11.5, seems to be happy there on 94 + a single 14gph nozzle/250 psi pump, 75/25 mix at 35 psi/13* of peak timing.

The more meth you add, the richer you should run really, as the stoich ratio of methanol is around 6:1. Just takes some playing around to see what your motor likes.

1997 Eclipse GST - AWD swapped - TPC - GT Spec powered
2023 - 9.63 - 145mph