Originally Posted by Sven Hebbard
I've never understood.

Whats the point of mixing meth with water?

Meth has a flash point of almost double then gasoline, And it's a self cooling fuel. We battle freezing injectors open on the Rail car all the time.

It depends what you're using it for, if you want the cooling effects, water absorbs much more heat than meth. Obviously if you just want an octane boost, the more meth the better.

The #1 reason is safety, you can't see a methanol fire, supposedly concentrations 50% and below are not flammable.

Originally Posted by Ben Stretch
Originally Posted by Jason Drew
There's an option to switch maps when FPS or EGR are active.

This is the option I'm using. What I'd be curious to know/confirm is, when FPS (or EGR) is active, it selects the alternate map (MINOct) which you would presumable tune for meth timing and fuel. So does that mean that if any of the activation conditions ( the ones in Jason's snapshot above) are false, does the ECU stays in or reverts to the standard map (MAXOct)?

I wonder if there is a logable value in link that can tell you which table is being used at any given time?

Now I'm really being a pest. Sorry Jason! lol

Correct, if the conditions aren't met, no meth and no map switch.

You can log the FPS switch, so you'll know when it's pumping and also the map should switch too at the same time.

Originally Posted by Mike Kuttschrutter
^^
you can just buy it in the form of washer fluid on the go at any gas station.

I hopped in my car yesterday and realized my meth tank was almost empty. So I stopped at TSC and got a bunch of washer fluid on sale. I don't think I'll ever take the time to mix more then 50/50.
Grab and Go

Be careful with that, actual concentration varies a LOT.

1997 Eclipse GST - AWD swapped - TPC - GT Spec powered
2023 - 9.63 - 145mph