Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
There's a 10 page post on tuners on water vs meth.. And the rep from devils own was in discussion. By the end he actually convinced himself that water/alcohol was a better choice.

I've always believed that if your just running a ton of boost and power on a built engine.. Where the engine isn't the limit , then meth is a better choice. It raises the octane level to suppress knock so you can run more timing and boost.

Water injection is more for running your engine past its limit. Eliminating knock so you can run way more boost and then tune for max power.

I think this is why people say max your tune out before you add meth. But with water.. You just add water and then raise boost and tune the car.

I'm more comfortable with water.. And I don't think I'll need more fuel any way. Not planning on making more then 32psi on my stock block.

I'm a little lost of the cooling property's meth vs water/meth... I have seen meth injection freeze components inside several vehicles, Never have i heard or seen of 50/50 doing this?

At end of day I'm thinking it's what performs best for someone and their vehicle(s) specific in question.

I myself and several guys out here run 94pump and pure meth in the tank as well. (stock long block subie trapped 125.1mph, only gtx3076r(36psi), exhaust, 1000cc injectors and wally 450 @ 2200ASL).

Ethanol always burns blue , if the flame is high enough it will get a yellow tail , Methanol either burns with an invisible flame or with a yellow flame depending on purity content

Most people switch to ethanol for the colder burning fuel factor, Correct? Methanol burns almost 50C COLDER then ethanol.

Now most won't see this benefit unless running a pure meth driven car, but benefits are still there to be had.

Last edited by Sven Hebbard; October 24, 2016 08:58 pm UTC.