Originally Posted by Charles Kisielewski
I believe it was closer to 225K(give or take). I suspect an engine failure could occur on Cobb tune with no respect to its Km's, 50kms to 500000kms wouldn't matter much from what I've heard.
*disclaimer I have zero personal experience with the Cobb tuner*

That being said I also have no experience with rotary engines or how reliable/well they hold up to higher than factory HP.

Originally Posted by Lucian Marta
LA smog must be getting to you man tongue I blew the original engine with over 230k (close, Charles). The donor that took it's place in the engine bay, has 49k. The original engine even with the high mileage ran extremely well and healthy up to that second. Personally, I am extremely excited to take that cobb AP off and kick it off the nearest cliff once the car is running. I should have removed it as soon as I got the car.

My DSM smog test is due this October lol...it will be fun with all my recent mods including EVO 3 IM.
My miss understanding on the mileage of your 4B11T, it appears you are re-using 49k motor instead of rebuilding your own with 230k, is this correct?

Regarding rotary engine reliability, they say if you look after one it will last long time. Generally it's not reliable compared to piston engine.

I will attempt to rebuild it myself and see how it goes.
I have to admit, there is huge fun factor when working on these things. Can't wait to see what those rotors look like inside the housings. This motor overheated and blew the coolant seal. Lots and lots of white smoke when i tried starting it.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Alex Akachinskiy; April 03, 2017 05:54 pm UTC.

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4