So It's been awhile.
Couple things I've been up to.
I've adapted the 3kgt rear trailing arms to my car for over all 2" wider track width, internal drum ebrakes and larger rear rotors. (I am still looking for 2g 3kgt OR EVO 8/9 rear calipers)
Machine work:
[Linked Image]
Almost assembled powdercoated almost everything:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All assembled and tested now driving around.
It may be placebo effect, but a mix of the wider track new carrier bearings, rear toe delete and solid subframe bushings, but sure feels like this car turns 9000x gooder.
[Linked Image]

I also was able to find a 100mm 6bolt (2.4L) crank for my motor that died years ago. I found out it was the topline oilpump that shat the bed.

So I began tearing into the motor, have the head apart for porting and upgrades.

[Linked Image]

I took the motor to a friend whos done his fair share of motor builds on these cars, and we knocked out the bottom end in an afternoon. Plastigauge came out great, and cleaned up any imperfections.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

While waiting on the head to be ported, I believe I have found a way to use the 4piston 3kgt front brakes without brackets and matching the rear track width.
I will update once complete.

Goal is to have the car tested and be competitive in autocross and 11.5 bracket at this years shootout!

Last edited by Mike Kuttschrutter; July 03, 2017 06:51 pm UTC.

Stock.