Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
You need to use the stage 3 drag. It's a 6 puck sprung ceramic disk. Barely any chatter IMO and felt like stock. Held a few 10 second passes before it slipped on me last year. Those SB Kevlar disks slip and burn out too easily.

Thanks for the info.
I actually have ACT 2600 kit with street disk sitting on my shelf for over a year (i had both kits SB and ACT but went with SB when i installed your trans earlier this year).
I want to try street disk with heavier PP after my last two setups which are:
- ACT 2100 PP with 6 puck sprung
- SB with Kevlar disk.
Personally, i prefer firmer clutch pedal over stock. Another factor, my DSM is a street build with stock 7 bolt motor that does not see power above 420 AWHP.

Here is the latest update on slipping SB Kevlar clutch. It felt like it started to recover but slipped again going uphill in 4th. So i pulled the trigger and swapped to ACT 2600 with street disk and also my second trans that Reza built for me. Trans that was stolen by UPS but recovered after 4 months. It has EVO 1 gear set (17% taller 1st) with EVO 3 10% taller 5th.
I took advantage of recent holidays and got it done in 3 days. Here are some pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No review yet on how gear ratio is, this weekend i'll take her for a ride.
However, ACT 2600 PP is defiantly very stiff compared SB and ACT2100.

*Also, i saved time by leaving front axles in wheel hubs. I saw JD did it this way and it worked for me really well too smile

Last edited by Alex Akachinskiy; January 05, 2018 04:26 am UTC.

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4