Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
Interesting that your SB Kevlar disk says EXEDY on it..

I had a brand new disk from a part out I did a while back.. it looked like a SB disk... and said Exedy on it. I heard that was common.. but just assumed it was a Exedy disk. I installed it on my car.. with the plate it came with... spent 500kms breaking it in.. and first 25psi launch.. it slipped and never held again.

Good eye Jay, i didn't pay attention the disk was actually made by Exedy. Here is close up pic of the disk (Surface was cleaned for better visibility):

[Linked Image]
^ I think the disk itself is great but SB PP is way too weak. It could be a really nice combo if used with ACT 2600 PP or higher.

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
After so many years with ACT2600 plates.. any thing else feels too light to be a race car clutch.

Speaking about ACT PP. After driving for 2 days i started liking it a lot. It does grab fairly close to the floor (about half way) with master adjusted to Jack's tutorial but so far it's livable. The stiffens could become an issue during heavy bumper to bumper traffic but engament with street disk is very satisfying so far. I just hope it will hold my launches after breaking period is over.

Regarding my new trans, so far the most satisfying upgrade is EVO 3 5th gear. Here is the snapshot that shows RPM vs Speed. At 120km/h my factory 5th gear was sitting at 3500rpm. With EVO 3 it dropped to 3100. It's much more quieter and can do near 140 before i hit 3500rpms. Maintaining higher speeds on freeway feels smooth & easy. I highly recommend this upgrade if you like to cruise a lot in 5th!
[Linked Image]

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4