Originally Posted by Daren Peacock
No experience but if your looking for fastest spool & 450 whp, one would think something like the 68HTA should be worth a look..

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Forgot about that guy!! Alex was supposed to give us his review and some log comparisons. Alex if you can share that would be great!!

My bad for not sharing update, well i blew my 7bolt motor so game is over for me this season. We're also likely be moving this summer so i don't want to start big projects and deal with a move in the middle of it.

Regarding internally gated 68HTA, it held 29psi to red line at 7500rpm on stock motor (spiked to 33psi). If goal is to run 25psi or less, i would keep evo 3 16G as it spools 300-450rpms sooner (Mine held 23.5 psi at 7500rpm internally gated (Spiked 29psi).
One noticeable difference with 68hta is that it will not run out of steam passed 5500/6000 like evo3 16g did. In my opinion, gains over evo3 16g are not that significant to purchase 68hta if you already own evo3 16g. I would consider FP Red or Green if i was doing it again.

Few notes regarding installation of 68HTA, when used with OEM/EVO3 Turbo manifold and O2 housing, you can still bolt on factory OEM shields (upper and lower) which is nice.
However, OEM turbo bolts will bottom out before hot side is sealed against manifold, i had to use thick washers to compensate for that. The alternative to that is to use FP manifold with their bolt kit.

Hopefully i will be back on the road soon smile i missed the feeling of RAW power in DSM

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4