Gents I think most of your know the story of my stock 7 bolt (fresh rebuilt) which ended it's life on April 30th 11:37AM 2018.
Few notes about motor that blew:
- Balance shaft delete
- New OEM pistons and rings
- OEM 4 Layer headgasket
- L19 Headstuds torqued to 90lbs

Here are few pics of damages to bring everyone up-to speed:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

She ended with bang going uphill in 4th gear (full boost) followed by the moment of silence.
This motor was running E85 with fairly aggressive timing, zero knock. The excess amount of torque most likely contributed to stock rod failure.
However, this motor held pretty good for almost 3 years and kept me smiling in boost.

The journey is not yet over with my red Talon. Some of you may remember my 2nd DSM the 1999 Spyder which ended as parts car.
The motor from my Spyder is revised 7bolt and it has been sitting in storage for 6 years until it's day. Here is that motor today:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Motor has been taken to my local machine shop, same shop that rebuilt my stock 7 bolt.
My goal with this motor is to built it strong and be capable of 600-700 crank HP reving to 8500-8700
So far i'm leaning towards the following parts (bottom end only). We'll discuss head shortly after.
- Balance shaft delete
- Wiseco forget pistons 9.0:1 C.R
- Manley Performance H-Beam Steel Connecting Rods (ARP 2000 bolts)
- ACL Race "Tri-Metal" bearings
- Reuse L19 head studs
- Reuse OEM main bolts
- stock crank

I'm open to suggestions for bottom end. Feel free to share your opinion and suggestions smile
Thank you

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4