Originally Posted by kent Hennigar
And remember to have the engine block examined before purchases because there is probably a restocking fee if you don't get the right size pistons. .20 over .40 over .60 over

Thanks Kent, i learned that on my first engine build smile I no longer buy pistons/rings and bearings until l hear back from my machine shop

I was just about to say get I beams.
If you start messing around in the 700 + WHP area.

^ Thats above my goal but having extra headroom is always a plus

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
If you want to spend the money would go with Manley's I beam or other similar rod if you want to build it once to last at that power level. I know a few guys running the Oliver and Pauter rods, they're pricey but they're strong as hell.

[Linked Image]

^They're sure are expensive, double!. If i go that route than i will defiantly need Wiseco HD pistons. Should be a really nice combo to max out 7bolt crank/block but pricey.

Originally Posted by Jason Drew

I would stick with either a 8.5 or 9.0 CR piston, in case you ever move away from E85, 10.0 is not going to be too happy on 91-93 octane.

^ i was leaning towards 10.0:1 but since i'm flex fuel 9.0:1 or 8.5:1 will be my choice.

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
I would take higher CR personally assuming you want a mean street machine, although not sure how big a difference that makes.
I had a spreadsheet with some info on building, let me see if I can find it tonight

I think i've seen it when i did global search but feel free to share it once u find it. 10.0:1 could cause headaches with knock even on e85. I hate knock! ... especially in middle of pull/race and that check engine light comes up. There're also reports of knock between shifts on 10.0:1 even on e85

I would also go ARP every thing wink

^ I learned from this board that ARP is not always better than OEM. Only few of their products with one of them L19 headstuds beats OEM

Just to wrap things up, i feel i have a good combo for my goal around 650-700 crank hp
- Wiseco Standard forget pistons 9.0:1 C.R
- Manley Performance H-Beam Steel Connecting Rods (ARP 2000 bolts)

But if i want absolute max power(700+) it would be:
-Manley I-BEAM STEEL connecting rods
-WISECO Extreme Duty "HD" 8.5:1 C.R

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4