Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
On a side note IMO that Treadstone IC is garbage. Looks like you just replaced a cheap China with another cheap piece of China. That fin design is garbage, plain and simple smile Sure it probably works better than the old China. Go look inside a Garrett core, No comparison smile
And that's all he was trying to show here, that this is better than the punishment one. Not all of us are ready to throw money down for a Garrett. Also if this falls in the cheap chinese category this one is pretty damn fancy, most of the ebay ones have straight through fin design where this has staggered so better heat transfer. Also need to remember that the more dense those fins are (better heat transfer) the more pressure loss their will be and less cool air that will pass through the intercooler, and considering Jason still daily's his car I am sure that might be a concern for him. Overall I think it's a pretty good bang for the buck.
I am sure Jason still has some tuning to do, so we will have to wait and see if he can put down some better trap speeds.

Thanks for posting BTW, did a nice dive into intercoolers so definitely have some thing to think about when it comes time to update.

"Old Blue" 91 Talon TSi AWD
"Super Enthusiast" 91 Talon TSi AWD
Checkout DSMFAQ.com!