Yesterday I finished doing my first timing belt thinking everything went smoothly. The car is running great with all new pulleys and belts, even a running hot problem was fixed with a new water pump. After a good test run, boosting through all the gears and whatnot, I let her rest easy for the night. Today, lo and behold, an oil leak coming from the timing case, right below the crank pulley. I haven't gotten the chance to crack her open and find the source of the leak, but from what I have read on various forums is that one of the bolts for the tensioner goes into (or near?) an oil gallery. I'm thinking this is where my leak has sprung as it only seems to leak while the engine has oil pressure. I have gone out and bought some thread sealant, I'm just waiting on the engine to cool off before I break out the tools again.

So my fellow Canadian DSMers my question for you is, where else could this leak be coming from? All of the old seals have not been touched, so I'm hoping it's not any of those. Whatever knowledge you can toss my way would be great to make sure my search is as thorough as possible

97' Talon TSi AWD