Wd40 works for me and all shops next to me who are all licensed mechanic. You don't even need to use brake cleaner in the spring. It generally dries up enough and your safe to start driving. Been doing this for decades smile

On the other hand the cars in the lot that don't have this done need new rotors and pads. Our lot can fit about 40+ plus cars.... Yes we know thing or two about making cars last forever and keeping them driving year after year.

My DSM has 425,000km on it. Lol I must know a thing or two about keeping them preserved wink Also most parts that come out of my industrial hot tank parts washer get a coat of wd40 because it prevents rust. All my machinists do it when they machine my parts too. It's funny reading some above posts, I'm almost wondering what these guys been using there whole lives.

Anyone else here have a DSM for 20+ years and over 400k still running or did they all die to rust lmfao ?

On a side note Corte, I just finished building up a 2g DSM that you and your brother blew up twice and the customer never got to take home.. He finally brought it to me, we built the motor, trans, its up and running 100% now and he's enjoying the car...The amount I had to unhack in this DSM was incredible. Your work hands down proves some of the things you say lol.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com