For the relics and old guys in this forum, I miss the banter, the glory days and the DSM dominance at the track. In my younger days, as I'm sure echoed the majority here we hoped these days would never end.

I bought Ghislain Goudreau's 95 TSi AWD 4 years ago hoping to rekindle the love, but time has gone by. I see the names posting here and I can't help but reminisce of the latter years. The DSM scene for all of us has become something of who we are. When I say that, I mean you know when you hear of the youth of today jabbering on about their Honda S2000, Subaru STI, Toyota Celica, MR2, or Silva S14... you will posture up, and have a proven flex that in the years of 2000 you had a bad ass AWD Japanese inspired car. You had your time, and you'll likely scoff but simultaneously admire the drive of the adolescent your talking to... because you're 40, 45, 50.... and this 20something year old is boasting on how fast their 2016 Civic is going to go with the Stage 1 turbo kit they bought from Amazon... not Ebay like we're used to....

Meanwhile you're rocking a 2 year old Suburban with the 5.3l, not because it's a big motor but because it's got heated AND cooled leather seats. Apple Car-play or Android auto and frack it's easy to get your kids in and out. It will also hold a full sheet of drywall.....

I write this humbly tonight as someone who used to be someone here... not just someone to be revered, but someone who was part of the scene that may of us look back on as a good time in our lives.

Club DSM Canada formed many friendships that I cherish today.

In the most informal permanent signoff I can do, AWDAuto.... OUT.

Love you all.

AWDAuto
1996 TSi AWD Automagic
12.24 @ 113 - Small 16G
FP Green HTA - 11.42/123
Team Pump Gas and Meth
RTMRacing - Your Canadian source for DSM Parts

"Every moment you live is pregnant with the next moment of your life" --Jim Carrey

Last Login: September 28, 2021