i think me and durwin are the only ones in club dsm canada history to have experienced a transfer case lock up in the middle of the HWY at 100 km/h and live to tell about it.

well it happened a few hrs ago, the car with the jap spec engine (driven by durwin) on 407 ...smooth sailing, no funny noises no vibrations, and suddenly BOOM!!!!! as if we hit a deer (made of metal) thats exactly what it felt like, the car shook violently, felt like all the 4 wheels flew off and the car was sliding on the ground without wheels....cannot emphasize the shaking...it was severe, and durwin managed to cut across 2 lanes and go on the shoulderwhile the car was moving with momentum and the wheels were not turning...

got to the shoulder, i had no idea what it was,... took off the timing belt cover ... it was fine,...started the engine, it started rightaway, 20 HG vac, revved nicely, so it wasnt the engine (*sigh of relief*)

look underneath,...no smokes, just funny smells,... tried putting it in gear, the car jerked but the wheels would not budge. As if you are trying to genly push the gas while firmly pressing the brakes in an automatic car. tried all gear incl. reverse, and no luck

so we called a tow truck, and 1.5 hrs later when it finally arrived, i tried to see if there was any freeplay in the drive shaft...none whatsoever!!!! normally there is a tiny bit of freeplay, but there was none this time!

time to get a new T case from satan! but man, its a NASTY experience,... the wheels just locked!!!! no warning, no noises, no nothin, this sh*t is dangerous,...i mean if there had been a truck behind us or beside us...well... luckily there wasnt.

GET YOUR T CASES CHECKED!!!!!

the funny thinhg is we checked ours less than 60km ago...and i inspected the bolt,...its still there, so its not like it fell off and all the juice went out,... same with the diff bolt and tranny bolt,... all there and all the fluids were topped off / inspected less than 60 km ago!!!!