Well, it's a bit of a long story, and the choice of change is 100% up to you to make on your own, but here it is:

For many years, while driving from the Gull Motel to the track and back, we've always gone past this little place, called the Plantation Motel.
It looked a bit run down, and dumpy from the road, so, we never really looked into it.
This year, one of the Indystars guys, actually dug it up, and found a website for them, and saw what they really had to offer, hidden back from the road.
Heated pool, multiple room types, on the beach, fire pit area, lots of space for cars, etc.

So, I've called them, and got us some small discount.
The price, in the end, isn't much more than the gull (only $8 if you're staying only 2 noights), and they have SO much more to offer.

Anyhow, here's the details.
Again, up to you to choose, make a new reservation, and then cancel yours at the Gull.
That last step, make sure you take... Dale has always been good to us, but he just doesn't have the same facilities to offer.

----

So, I talked to the owner, got rooms details figured out, and here they are.

As suggested, they’re not far off the Gull price anyhow, and with the sucky US buck, well....
Contact details, are there on the website with everything else, at their website.

www.plantationmotel.com
2815 Cleveland Rd. East
Huron, OH 44839
419-433-4790
Reservations - Toll Free 877-677-2770
PlantationHuron@aol.com

Room are now being booked, so don’t wait on it.
They have a 3 day cancellation policy, so better to book now, if you think you’re going, and then cancel later if you have to.

Todd is the owner, and I talked all of this over with him.
All prices are ‘plus local taxes”.
The Friday and Saturday prices, he didn’t move on, as he said, they’ll sell out shortly as it is.

Here are the room types, and prices for “Club DSM”: (use that name when booking) All rooms have A/C.
All of the 2 double bed rooms have small fridges.
The single king and single dbl bed "cottage" style rooms do not.
The heated pool is open now.

Single Room (one double bed, and you can add a single rollaway for $9 a night as well):
Thursday - $53.10
Friday - $69.00
Saturday - $69.00
Sunday - $47.20

Double Room (two double beds, but no room for rollaway):
Thursday - $62.10
Friday - $88.00
Saturday - $88.00
Sunday - $55.20

There are also some houses, larger suites, etc, designed to sleep 6-8 people, depending on which ones. These also have kitchenettes, a little more space, etc.
Check the website for details, or call and speak to them, for help in picking a larger place if you like, for a bunch of you, or a family.
Basically, he gave 10% off Thursday, and 20% off Sunday.

There is (as noted on the web) a fire pit for “sitting around drinking beer” (to quote the owner), and he supplies the wood.

I’ve (as of this morning) changed my reservations to the Plantation, while talking to him and cancelled at the Gull.
The Plantation owner, asked that if we can avoid it, don’t tell Dale at the Gull where we’re going. They apparently know each other, and he doesn’t want to ruffle any feathers.

Dale asked, and I just said “some of the other guys, found some new place, and booked me a room, don’t know the name”. wink
The Gull Motel is at:
(419) 433-4855
(866) 433-4855 Toll Free

There we be, talk to you soon.
Andrew

Andrew Bienhaus
Bring on the Cobras... she's hungry for snakemeat.