Anyone know what the guys in the States refer to as pre-fuel cut? It sure looks alot like MAF overrun to me. Has anyone with a datalogger ever seen MAF overrun on a mildly modified 1G? Let me clear up what I mean. Before you hit fuel cut at like 15 psi at rpms over 5,500 or so you'll get the 'excessive knock defense'. So you get my MAF mod done and it lowers the volume of air going through the metered section and the problem goes away. So it is based on the airflow. Now I always thought this was MAF overrun, but I don't have a datalogger to tell me if it is or not. But a couple people in the States have told me this is what they call pre-fuel cut and that you don't hit MAF overrun until well after fuel cut. But they don't know what pre-fuel cut is really... just that it exists. Well I'm unconvinced. I think they are the same thing. Can anyone give inputs that would prove me wonr or support me? Can MAF overrun be hit at boost levels around 15~16 psi? If not do you know what other limit there is out there that would cause the knock LED to go nuts and timing to be retarded based on air volume? I know what I've seen on a lot of 1Gs and I know it exists I just want to call it by the pollitically correct term.

p.s. I don't mean fuel cut or problem with spark.

------------------
Mike Jackson
92 Laser RS-T, FWD
-Quadcylla-
Vortex Racing
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robin.jackson2/HomePage.htm

1998 AWD 12.1@122 421whp -SOLD
Duck Dodgers = EPIC FAILZ!