Our conversations are just like the ones I have with 3rd tier networking support, Mike. Pretty much on equal ground. (: I just posted most of today's events in the 'Wrong Again' topic...

Anyway, I did a compression test not too long ago and it showed up as fine. I'll be doing another one this weekend to confirm. I'm busy in school, so I haven't been able to touch the intake manifold gasket yet. It's on my list of things to do. The RTV didn't seal perfectly, but it's MUCH less of a leak than before. It also didn't affect my idle/vacuum problems at all. I'm just trying to get this thing to run good while putting around, let alone at over 10psi of boost.

As for your vacuum checks, that was on my agenda for this weekend already. I'm especially suspicious of the brake hose, although a connection is only evident when vacuum is really low anyway. I also might try something with the timing. Now that the ECU is retarding it (LED on, MAS unplugged) the vacuum seems to be a touch better. 12 in/hg instead of 8...